Sunday, December 9, 2012

Blogging Assignment #2


We were asked to make a 3 soundscape. It was categorized to be indoor, outdoor man-made, and outdoor natural. The video link above would show the finished product I created.

For my indoor soundscape i chose to make a soundscape of a room. In the instructions given, we could record or download sounds that would relate on the soundscape we would like to make. But for thus one, I personally recorded the sounds used. In recording the sounds I used a sony digital camera since it was the only tool available for me to record sounds. The door sound was the door from our house. Almost everything was recorded in our house like the electricfan sound was recorded from the fan in my room, the switch and computer in our living room.

For the second one, it is a soundscape of a normal street in the Philippines. I recorded the street ambiance in the street where i usually spend time. I thought that place would give the perfect sound for a street ambiance. With my camera as a recorder, I was able to record even the sound of vehicles, people passing and children voices. I even asked my father to do the balut vendor voice which he agreed to do for this assignment. For this one, I downloaded some audio sound effects in the internet to make the soundscape more realistic. I downloaded car sounds.

For the third soundscape I choose to make a river soundscape. I personally recorded the bird sounds and the river sound. I recorded the sounds at Pasonanca park, Zamboanga City. It is a perfect place for this soundscape. Rivers are nearby and there is a aviary for the bird sounds. I recorded also a sound of a insect that makes a very loud thin sound that can be heard in forests that gives this soundscape more realistic.

It is my first time to make a soundscape although it i hear a lot of soundscapes before. It was fun making one and it was also an opportunity for me to go around and this time not just to see but to hear. It also made me realize the importance of the sound in our surroundings. It gives the flavor of the environment and it gives life to a place. A tiny sound or any noise place a role in making a place to what it must be. I never realized that I would be able to realize this things by this simple assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment