Saturday, December 22, 2012

Blogging Assignment #3: Audio Drama Review

This time we are asked to create an audio drama review. I choose the audio drama version of the movie "Horton".

The audio drama did great in terms of its sound design. The different sounds used was very nice and would give the listeners a feel of the environment. The voices are appropriate for each role in the drama. The sound effects are very effective in allowing the listeners to understand a current action or situation. A good quality of sound was used which is a big impact for the beauty of the sound design in this audio drama. Even the emotions in the story could be felt by the listeners because of great effort put on the creation of the sound design.

 The voice acting was pretty impressive. The voice actors' voices suited their specific roles. Even the narrator did well in telling the story. The rhyming of words took a good effect for me because it gives a sense of childhood for me. Like the nursery rhymes we hear since we were all young, I think this audio drama would be a very good audio material for children. The rhyming was done nicely that makes it fun to hear. It also  made me to try to guess the words that would be used to rhyme in every line which means that it greatly caught my attention. This insight might be also applicable to other listeners. The voices where nice that it would match the characters that they portray. The voices played a great factor in this piece because it made it fun to hear each role in the story.

The story-telling of the piece was something that was very relaxing for me. It was done nicely and most especially smoothly. Each words were expressed with feeling that even the piece was just in audio form, I could imagine in my mind how it is being animated because of how the narrator tells the story. It feels good to hear stuffs like this piece that it makes me remember my grandma telling me stories when I was a child. She tells the stories with feelings and with different voices which makes the story more interesting, exciting and the most important, it becomes understandable. In this audio drama it felt like a nice story-telling session.

No comments:

Post a Comment